GTLS provides advice and counsel to developers for cooperative and condominium plans for market-rate and affordable developments, including new construction projects, gut rehabilitations and conversions. Our attorneys have provided extensive legal advise to developers and sponsors in New York City and throughout Fairfield County, Connecticut for projects of varying sizes from development to sale.
GTLS also represents boards of directors and boards of managers in connection with all phases of the operation of their communities and buildings.
We offer counsel on a wide range of matters including:
Corporate and related matters, including questions concerning by-laws, certificates of incorporation, and proprietary leases in co-ops and by-laws and declarations in condominiums;
- “No Action” letters;
- Board and shareholder/unit owner meetings;
- Contracts, including construction contracts;
- Financing and refinancing transactions;
- Leasing transactions;
- Allocation of shares to common space in a co-op and allocation of interests in condominiums;
- Blue Sky laws, where applicable;
- Sponsor related issues;
- Employee relations;
- Insurance matters;
- Transfers of shares, including estate and trust issues;
- Declarant rights in Common Interest Communities;
- Land use;
- Landlord-tenant matters in co-ops; and
- Foreclosures in condominiums.
In addition, GTLS represents individuals in the purchase and sale of cooperative or condominium units. When necessary, our firm also represents the interests of our cooperative and condominium boards in court.
Some of our recent projects include offering plans for Gen. Colin Powell Apartments and The Melody, two new affordable cooperative unit construction projects in the Bronx; and Livelle Condominium, a mixed-use market rate condominium development in Astoria, Queens.